Reasonable Use Policy
Reasonable use policy
This Reasonable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website: essa-africa.org (the “Site”). This Reasonable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Reasonable Use Policy, which supplement our terms and conditions.
Essa-africa.org Site is operated by Education Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA). We are a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1166958) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England (number 10101086) at 3rd Floor, Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey SM1 1JB, United Kingdom.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· in a way that is malicious, offensive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Site or ESSA into disrepute
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code designed to affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (Contributions), and to any Interactive Service associated with it.
You must comply with the essence of the following standards as well as the letter.
· Be accurate (where facts are stated)
· Be genuinely held (where opinions are stated)
· Comply with applicable law in England and Wales and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person, threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, discriminative based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Promote sexually explicit material or violence.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Promote any illegal activity, breach any legal duty owed to a third-party (such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence).
· Be used to deceive or impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they arise from us, if this is not the case.
· Identify any individual (unless that individual has expressly consented to such use).
Suspension and termination
Using our discretion, we will determine whether there has been a breach of this Reasonable Use Policy through your use of our Site. If a breach of this Reasonable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Reasonable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use our Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site
· Issue a warning to you
· Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
· Further legal action against you
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Reasonable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Reasonable Use Policy
We may revise this Reasonable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Reasonable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions.